Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Race and Dating In Boston

Meredith Goldstein
Boston.com



I am a young, black, college-educated professional who has lived in Boston for most of my life. I recently turned 30 and am ready to have a serious relationship with someone special, irrespective of race.

I have dated a few Caucasian and Asian men, and one person from the Middle East. Every one of these encounters ended immediately after they realized that I was expecting more than a sexual relationship (I usually ended it). However, getting to that point was only half the battle. The hardest part was the approach! I think a lot of surprisingly wonderful relationships could be had if people weren't afraid to step inside or outside of the "crayon box." There have been many instances where I'll overhear a white guy telling his friends how "hot" he thinks I am or after having way too many beers obnoxiously yell "I love Black chicks!" Not including the annoying drunk guy -- why won't non-black men approach me if there is physical interest? Before anyone ask... yes I date black men.
More after the jump...

Meet me at the Forum to discuss...

No comments:

Post a Comment